Root Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 GT-P7300
The first step to installing ROMs on the Galaxy Tab is to root it so that system files can be changed. Below is a video how to:
- To do this visit Galaxy Tab 8.9 Root on XDA and download the root_original.zip file.
- Plug in the tablet using the USB cable and it should show up as a drive. Copy the zip file to the root directory.
- Unplug the tablet from the computer once the file has copied.
- Press and hold the power button + volume up key (the volume button closet to the power button). The device will reboot. Keep it press until a black screen with 2 logos appear.
- Use the volume up key to cycle between the 2 icons. Highlight box and press the volume down key to select.
- In recovery mode, use the volume keys to navigate up and down the menu and the power button to select the chosen option.
- Select apply .zip from sdcard
- Locate the root_original.zip file and press the power button to select
- Confirm again.